Rice Extension is funded by rice growers and the Australian Government through AgriFutures Australia. Rice Extension supports the adoption of innovation and research and development outcomes in the Australian rice industry.
We connect rice growers with key R&D information for rice-based farming systems to improve the adoption of new research findings and lead to improved grower productivity, profitability and sustainability.
It's our job to:
1. Develop, collate and distribute relevant and timely research and development findings, grower innovation, agronomic advice, natural resource management information, farm business systems and growing guidelines to growers and other relevant parties through print, electronic communication, verbal and face-to-face interaction.
2. Conduct workshops, field days, farm walks, meetings and discussion groups at key times though the year for growers, agronomists, researchers, industry groups and agri-businesses to share information
3. Support projects that promote the Australian industry’s environmental sustainability practices with international recognition.
4. Utilise industry data to develop extension messages and understand R&D needs.
5. Manage an industry cadetship program to train and develop emerging industry advisors and maintain industry technical expertise.
6. Run a continuous improvement program of review to improve project effectiveness.